The Depot
The museum's depot was originally built by the Chicago & North Western Railway in 1894 at Ablemans, Wisconsin, three miles west of North Freedom. The rail line through Ablemans was built in 1873 by the C&NW. The name of the village was changed from Ablemans to Rock Springs in 1947. There were many similar depots located throughout the North Western's system. The depots at Waunakee and Wonewoc, Wisconsin, for example, were identical to Ablemans.